... ...


The House of Fragonard - a story of Perfume Making 

It was shortly before the First World War that Eugene Fuchs, an entrepreneur at heart who had already been seduced by the magic of perfume, set up his own perfumery based on the novel concept of selling perfumery products in the French Rivera's. Parfumerie Fragonard was opened in 1926. Eugene Fuchs chose to name it after the famous Grasse-born painter, Jean-Honore Fragonard (1732-1806), as a tribute to both the town of Grasse and to the refinement of 18th-century arts. 

Today, Jean-Francois Costa's daughters, Agnes and Francoise preside over the perfumery's destiny, and are as concerned as the preceding generations with continuing to build the company while adapting it to current market needs and desires.